Dean's Committee on Women
The purpose and charge of the Committee is to proactively identify and address issues of concern to women at all levels at the NYU Langone Medical Center, create a forum for empowering women to take leadership roles, and advise the Dean in promoting institutional change related to improving the work environment for women.
The Dean's Committee on Women has representatives from the School of Medicine and the Medical Center and includes medical and graduate students, basic science and clinical faculty, house staff, administrators, and support staff.
The Committee's goals for the next five years is to assist in transforming the NYU Medical Center and School of Medicine into a place where:
- recruitment and retention of women and women's contributions are valued;
- women are in leadership roles in proportion to the number of women entering the medical and medical science professions;
- there is a more collaborative culture in which women effect change to establish equity;
- resources are available to enable career and family life to co-exist harmoniously;
- women are suitably mentored, experienced women reach out to younger colleagues, minority and women's agendas are linked, and there is enduring respect for all.